Monday, February 21, 2011

Combing Through the Stache

On this segment of "Combing Through the Stache," I was blessed with the opportunity to interview a dear friend with a fabulous mustache, Riley Schilling Moore. For all who have admired from a far this glorious mustache that is located between the upper lip and the two nostrils residing on the nose of Riley, here is your chance to get up close and personal. So, would you please join me as I examine, bristle by bristle, the mustache story of the one and only Riley Schilling Moore.





Q: Name
A: Riley Schilling Moore

Q: Age
A: 19

Q: Hometown
A: Nashville

Q: Other facts about yourself?
A: 70 inches

Q: When did you first realize you could grow a mustache?
A: I worked at Chick fila all through high school. I started cranking out some facial hair junior year or so, I was like 16. I hated so much that we couldn't have a beard at Chick fila (company policy) because I reckon I look heaps better with some hair on my face but one day I found out we could have mustaches, ( I should have known before because everyone in the kitchen is hispanic). So yeah, then I realized I could grow a mustache and wear it at work.

Q: Why do you have a mustache?
A: My current mustache is a costume accessory for my role in a play. Yes, my character is hispanic. Other times my mustaches are because I see them on other people and wonder how they would look on me, so I get them. But most of the time my mustaches are just a piece of the pie on my face that is actually a beard.

Q: Do you think having a mustache attracts the ladies?
A: I think have a mustache attracts bad ladies and hipsters. Sometimes they are one in the same, but sometimes hipsters are good and only look like they smoke many drugs. Beyond that, I reckon it attracts no ladies.

Q: What would you say is your typical maintenance routine with your mustache?
A: I always use shampoo and conditioner on the some of my head, sometimes on my face. But I always use body wash on my face and my mustache. Sometimes, while trimming of removing my beard, i tidy the stache around the edges. Often I will remove some of the length of the stache with clippers, while keeping the size and shape the same. Not too much weird stuff.



Q: What is the biggest challenge you face with your mustache of any facial hair for that matter?
A: Water droplets, discrimination, cereal, mashed potatoes, tickles during vocal warmups and all sauces and jellies are challenges, but the biggest challenge is probably milkshakes.

Q: Are there any people you admire for having a glorious mustache?
A: There is one alone. He is Adam Joly. Facebook him.

How good is that mustache? Well, groomed, good intentions, and a fabulous story. Thank you Riley for you participation.


If you find Riley's clothes to be dapper? well then you should look on his clothing website swaddling apparel.

No comments:

Post a Comment